This strawberry coconut milk recipe is the Gopher’s remake of a beloved childhood snack my mom used to make for me and my brother when we were growing up in Korea. It’s called ddal-gi-uyu (딸기우유) in Korean.
Our hero ingredients are strawberries and coconut milk for this delicious strawberry coconut milk.
Buy organic strawberries if you can to avoid harmful pesticides. I understand organic ingredients cost more, but these days I am trying to opt for quality over quantity when I can.
Coconut milk provides a wonderful creaminess and richness to the dessert.
My Mom made this with regular milk when I was little. But I have opted to use coconut milk instead of conventional milk because I found out that dairy raises the level of inflammation in my body. (You can learn about my journey where I lost 14 pounds in 12 months and became medicine free by changing my diet here)
If you don’t have food sensitivities or an inflammatory condition like I do. Feel free to use regular milk.
This strawberry coconut milk tastes like summer. The combination of sweet strawberries, creamy coconut milk, and fresh mint are delightful. This makes me smile with my fond childhood memory.
Eat Real, Be Real
Sun aka Hungry Gopher
Prep: 5 minutes Active: 5 minutes
1 ½ cups coconut milk
18 fresh strawberries, cleaned (plus,10 for crushing – only need 5 f)
7 leaves fresh mint (plus, a nice sprig for garnish)
2 pinches, coarse sea salt
4 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients except 10 strawberries into a blender. (I love this personal blender. It’s easy to clean, portable and versatile)
- Blend it until smooth.
- Here comes the fun part. Using your hands, crush the remaining strawberries in a bowl (This adds a lovely chunky texture to this dessert)
- Divide the crushed strawberries into two serving bowls.
- Add the blended milk into the bowl.
- Finish this with mint to give extra mint flavors.
- Serve and enjoy. (It’s best served chilled)
Other Recipes You might like:
- COCONUT MILK POPSICLE WITH ADZUKI BEANS (비비빅 만들기)
- STICKY RICE WITH MANGO (찹쌀 망고 디저트)
- BRAISED CHICKEN WITH SWEET POTATO